Thursday 10 May 2018

Fiskeprediction Semi 2

My first 24 hours in Lisbon mainly consisted of getting a very dirty and smelly cat out of our apartment (a three-floor old townhouse with lots of rooms and corners have MILLIONS of hiding places), but there was also some time for a slight sunburn for lunch and some kickass dancing at Eurocafé last night. The music was awesome (we kept saying "Right, after this one we'll head home!", but not a chance when the next one is Bandido or #We got love etc etc.

This is not my cat.


In a few hours it's back on the rosé for tonight's big show, where I'm going to be in the hall for the first time since 2011! So here's my prediction for it, can I improve from the 8/10 I managed on Tuesday?

1 Hungary | Yeah yeah fire.
2 Norway | Urk. Roger describes my exact feelings about this here.
3 Moldova | All the door-opening didn't get captured as well as I'd expected on the rehearsal clip I've seen, but I've loved this since it came out, and it's a much needed and well performed pile of fun in this line-up.
4 Sweden | This seems completely forgotten, and I'll admit I find it a bit soulless, but damn, it's slick and effective.
5 Ukraine | Yeah yeah fire.
6 Australia | Pure joy ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
7 Denmark | There's a certain room in my apartment that adores this, so I might have to be careful what I say... Though to be fair, I actually don't really dislike this, I just find it all a bit dull, and not at all as anthemic and grand as they want it to be. And good god, that man is uncharismatic.
8 Montenegro | He's dressed like a fish, but what else are people going to vote for here, seriously?
9 Georgia | Today's surprise? I don't really have much faith in it, but if there's something that's going to suddenly shine through and work, it could well be this.
10 Netherlands | I'm going to be sooooo happy when I'm wrong with this, and San Marino is announced as the tenth qualifier instead! Worst song since Samson.
11 Romania | I love this a lot, but sadly think it's doomed. Would be a great shame if this is to be their first every non-qualifier.
12 Latvia | I'm expecting about 2 televote points for this, but maybe the juries will manage to sneak it through?
13 Poland | Raise your hand if you hate that hat 🙋‍
14 Malta | So much stuff, so much Malta.
15 Serbia | I want licorice now...
16 Slovenia | Such a shame they couldn't give her anything better than this. She's giving it her all, and is fab at it, but it's still hvala ne. They're just asking for it with that title.
17 Lol Marino | If they're holding up an Obinna Metu-sign, I'm voting for it.
18 Russia | Can it happen...? I believe it can.

2 comments: