Wednesday 2 May 2018

Day 4 of first rehearsals - Latvia to Montenegro

Montenegro

Four female  backing singers (and I suppose dancers as well) in white long dresses with over sized sleeves and fluff on the shoulders are being over dramatic and Vanja (wearing a light blue/silvery suit made of some kind of fish skin fabric?!) didn't sound too good unfortunately. This got a few giggles from the press centre, and not the good kind of giggles. 



The last two run throughs were actuallly much better, Vanja seemed more confident and vocally it sounded good now - well done!

Sweden

The Belgian press around me have started humming "Da da dance you off" even now, during set up.

It looks like Benjamin and his team are trying out more colours for the background here. He is also warming up his voice, nod and hips (the latter a lot like I imagine Elvis had to do back in the days).

Nope, no happy colours this time, the Latvian flag theme continues. The performance is very similar to what it looked like in Melodifestivalen. During MF however, I didn't notice Benjamin's shoes, I do now. They look too big for his feet! I hope he changes them.

I have to say - sorry fellow Swedes who are hoping for this to do well - I don't think Sweden will do well this year.

Second and third run - Benjamin seems to be trying on different shoes - tack Sverige! These last ones were much better.





Latvia

Latvia's lady in red did what she could with a snoozy song. This is a contrast in many ways to the previous performance, here, instead of using all the lights and all the pyro, they've decided to only use red. For everything. Lights, dress, shorts underneath the dress, lipstick... I happen to be in a red dress myself today, so I feel like Laura is my new best friend. Or something.


Latvian flag, 2018 edition, artist's impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment